X3CloudDocs Workflow is an enhanced email and authorisation module for Sage X3 standard workflow and batch tasks; allowing businesses to…
- Send branded customer facing emails from Sage X3
- Automatically populate email templates with Sage X3 data fields
- Access workflow approvals via email, even when off your VPN
- Remove the need for a Sage X3 licence to make approvals
- Provide reasons for approvals or rejections
What Does X3CloudDocs Workflow Allow You to Do?
Traditionally, workflow functionality within ERP systems is simplistic and lacks user-friendly features.
By using X3CloudDocs Workflow for Sage X3 you no longer need to send plain-text emails with limited formatting options. Instead, you can create fully branded user-friendly HTML5 email templates.
Templates are populated with data stored in Sage X3 and then sent to your nominated contact. Where document approvals are required, the email will include one-click Approve and Reject buttons, and the document as an attachment. Approval and rejection functionality is performed via the cloud, so there is no need to be on your business’s network. This means the recipient can carry out document authorisation from anywhere, on any device, without a Sage X3 user licence.
If a document is rejected, feedback can be given via a simple web form. Comments can feed back into Sage X3 and be pushed out as a follow up notification.
How Do You Create Email Templates?
Email templates are easy to create via your X3CloudDocs account, with a preview tool built into the application so you know exactly what you’re sending. The templates can either be created from scratch in X3CloudDocs, or HTML code can be pasted in, all you need to do is map your data fields. This allows relevant Sage X3 information to be merged into the email format for customisation and personalisation, along with adding system generated attachments.
- Reduced Sage X3 licence cost
- Fully branded and customisable email templates
- Simple one-click approval button design
- Data from Sage X3 automatically populates fields within the emails
- Attachments supported
- Access worldwide on any device
- Seamless integration with Sage X3
How Does X3CloudDocs Workflow Work?
The process is simple:
- Standard or custom workflow scenarios are set up in Sage X3.
- These workflows run in the background.
- Where required, data is pulled from Sage X3 and merged into the X3CloudDocs email template.
- The email is sent automatically as soon as your specified requirements are met.
- If required, the recipient can authorise the document and provide feedback for approvals or rejections.
- Sage X3 is updated with outcome, and any reason codes.
- Where rejections take place, reasons can be given and the process restarted again.
What Can Businesses Use X3CloudDocs Workflow For?
There is a wide range of use cases for X3CloudDocs Workflow – from attractive customer-facing email communications, to approval workflows. All of which can add real value to customer relationships and operational efficiency.
Some example scenarios of where Workflow can be used are:
- Shipment notifications to customers buying via eCommerce,
- Payment notifications to suppliers,
- Attractive and content-relevant covering emails, e.g. for invoices or purchase orders,
- Email authorisation of POs, invoices, quotes, requisitions, expenses, etc.